Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Fat Bear Has Sang(sniffle)

The free shows at East River Park, hosted by Jelly NYC, are finally over and man did they go out with a bang. Sunday, on the Williamsburg waterfront Vega, Beach House, and Grizzly Bear stopped by to show some love for the last Jelly NYC Pool Party. The show has been on everrybodies calandar since the schedule was realeased, and all those who could get in were not dissapointed. I had to work on this day from 8-4, so I missed Vega's performance. And if I didn't happen to know someone who was waiting in line I most likely would have not seen the show completely. The line stretched from the entrance on N.8th all the way to N. 12th... A line of biblical proportions is an understatement. I mean the show was so damn big Jay-Z, Beyonce, and her sister Solange were at the show bobbin their heads to the sounds of native Brooklynites Grizzly Bear.



When I finally got in Beach House had just started their set, and I had to look for my peoples. The music pf Beach House was a perfect dream pop soundtrack to walking arround ERP. Scoping all the people fully enjoying the water, the sun on their backs, the skyline of the lower east side, and the last Jelly NYC show for the year. When Grizzly Bear finally took the stage everyone in site stood to their feet, gathered in a cozy enough space to see the band,watched the sun set on Summer and one of the best bands of the decade take everyone to space.



No comments:

Post a Comment