Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Tuttle Park Show and My New Friends From Brooklyn.



Last night was awesome as usual. There was a show down at Tuttle Park that featured Haywire Desire, Bad Blood Revival, and Stupid Party. I showed up in the middle of Haywire Desires set and was almost mauled by a dog...kinda not really. They were sick and their vocalist/guitarist, Britt, is also a member of Rag Rage formerly Panty Hearst. I then left to pick up a few TPG's to bring back to the show but was stopped by the noise my new friends from brooklyn made. Bad Blood Revival are a fucking dope grunge rock band and really friendly people. I only got to hear one song sadly but it was enough to literally make me stand still in awe and put a huge smile on my face. After returning I arrived just as Stupid Party were packing up which sucked cause I was looking forward to hearing them. I notice some merch the bands had and met Carolina of Bad Blood, she is a sweetheart who hooked me up with one of they dope shirts and informed me that I will be the only person in Columbus, Ohio rocking it. I also met some of they friends/roadies, Joe and Chris who I will be linking up with on future trips to NYC because they are my doods. They invited me over to the Monster House where I drank PBR and they purchased $60 of el Budweiser, clowned about dogs, social networking sites and my job in corporate america. We then went to a party/shindig at 14th and 15th as they called it, right behind the 4th Street Mansion. On the way Nate, Carolina, and Chris enjoyed a nice ride in the back of the Chevy which I believed was their first, and Johnny of Stupid Party was excited at the sight of a raccoon, I love ohio. The rest of the night consisted of drinking, clowning, lots of talk about music, a 40 year old women sexting me, stories about touring and seeing famous people in Brooklyn like Mos Def and Matt and Kim. I also got to talk with Britt of Haywire Desire/Rag Rage who hipped me to some all female punk bands and hooked me up with some of they merch. I was sad to leave my new friends but it was 3am and there were still people partying in the hood so I proceded to do drunk tags and bump Gucci Mane on my way to the next destination, all in all it was an awesome night.


No comments:

Post a Comment