Saturday, December 12, 2009

3 Hip-Hop Classics For Your Day: Jazz-Rap

So the first installment of "3 Classics For Your Day" had no theme really except that all of the tracks came out in the 80's and they were all from debut albums. So this time around I decided to give this trifecta of dope a theme...Jazz. Yeah I know I said that I wouldn't be really listening to Jazz this Winter season, but I can't deny the huge influence that it had on Hip-Hop. As a matter of fact my earliest memories of Hip-Hop come from a time when Jazz-Rap was the Alpha and Omega in the game. I didn't know who John Coltrane was when I was 7 years old, but I knew who Digable Planets was.
There is so much out there to choose from in this specific genre of Hip-Hop so if you have a favorite that aint on the list(and I'm sure you do)let me know. And with that shitty set up out of the way lets get groovin!







No comments:

Post a Comment